Publications & resources
Our education resources help health professionals to update and develop their skills to provide the best possible care for people affected by posttraumatic mental health problems. If you would like us to produce a tailored resource for your members, service providers or health professional staff, please contact us.
- Treating traumatic stress: Conducting imaginal exposure in PTSD (see below)
- Research articles
- Annual literature summary
- Mental health and wellbeing for the community
You can order resources from this website by printing and completing the order form (PDF) and sending it to ACPMH.
This easy to follow training package is helping practitioners use one of the best available treatments in PTSD – imaginal exposure, as recommended in the Australian Guidelines.
- Practitioner manual with key learning activities: each section commences with a clear statement of goals and learning objectives, followed by a number of key learning activities.
- Accompanying DVD modelling therapy demonstrations in short clips of therapist/client interactions to illustrate the application of imaginal exposure therapy, sometimes in different and difficult scenarios.
The training package covers:
- PTSD and psychological treatment of the condition
- Basic rules for conducting exposure
- The process of conducting exposure
- Managing problematic reactions to exposure
Download an order form to order this package.
Please watch these sample videos: